Thursday, June 2, 2011

Hey ya'll ya'll from across the creek . . .

I wrote this on May 10, but haven't been able to catch up  on my blogging until now. This tidbit is worth sharing, though, especially for all those SJ'ers out there.

For those of you who don't know, my university residence (SJU) has a tradition of, each year, making a promise to dance a silly dance to a specific rock song. In my first year, the song was Yah, by Usher. The next year, was Hey Yah, and when I was a don, the song was "It's my Life" by Bon Jovi. The promise lasts for life and so I've needed to do my best to dance in some pretty odd places when one of those comes on the radio. Until today, the craziest place I've had to dance was infront of clients at a physio clinic clinic during my first co-op term. I was suprised then but little did I know that two years later I would be dancing to Bon Jovi's "It's My Life" in the toilet room (not even bathroom) of my Ukranian host family! There's nothing like a little blast from the past to make me feel a little more at home here!

No comments:

Post a Comment