Friday, June 10, 2011

My Birthday in Ukraine

For me, birthdays are a time for visiting with family and friends. Although I couldn’t be with family or close friends this year, I became determined to have a good birthday. This is what I did to make it happen:

  1. Of course I skyped Jordan and my parents. I had internet issues again so was almost not able to do this but my computer was fixed just in time.
  2. I made a birthday dinner (since I’m never quite sure what m y host family will feed me).
  3. I bought myself flowers: yellow daffodils and tall white perennials to be exact
  4. I went for a run.
  5. I got cappuccino ice cream AND a chocolate bar (snickers)
I was also really surprised and excited to receive gifts (of Ukranian music and a scented candle) from my tutors and host family, respectively. When I got home from my run, I was also treated to a shot of homemade wine, made by my host family and Denise, their former Beyond Borders student. Thanks Denise!

Although it wasn’t a traditional birthday celebration, my day was quite good. Thank you to all who sent their love and birthday wishes also – you made my special day even better.

1 comment:

  1. Jess I am so glad that you managed to have a good birthday and I hope that it was filled with every happiness. Keep on smiling and keep being the excellent and fantastic woman you are! I can't wait to hear more about Ukraine and your experiences. Take care! :D
    <3
    Erika

    ReplyDelete