Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My New Outlook

Sunday was a nice day: I went to church, did some homework, and met with Brie to develop a work-out regime.
Church was a great experience. Here, the major religions are Orthodox or Ukranian Catholic. I went to the Ukranian Catholic mass thinking it would be the closest to Roman Catholic and because I wanted to see that religious life is like in the Ukraine. The first thing I notices was that there were so many families! Here, going to church is part of the daily routine. Sunday is even more special, though and the Church was packed with people even more than a Leafs game would be. It was full – there wasn’t even standing room so the mass was projected on loudspeakers outside. For me it was an experience but for most it’s routine.
When I got to my homework, I decided to make flashcards. Hopefully this will also be a valuable resource for the future Beyond Borders students and the people at Internat. I have trouble justifying putting all that work into something for myself but enjoy making them if they ca be used as teaching tools for others.
With regards to the work-out, it’s great to get back to routine activity and healthy food.

No comments:

Post a Comment