Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Three Words

I was unable to take part in Tim's video but I would like to share my three words and my two cents:

Reveal. Ground. Do.

Beyond Borders reveals a lot: what different cultures are like, what challenges face the world, and how people like myself handle those challenges. The program reveals character.

I have felt grounded this term: I remain humbled by the experiences and works of others; my good fortune in comparison to some people's circumstances; and my limited (but growing) understanding of our world. I also feel rooted because the challenges I have faced in this program has brought me closer to family and friends.

Action words are not usually used to describe anything but I've learned that rules are usually simply strong suggestions - and that there are always exceptions. I felt it was appropriate to use action words because this program is all about taking action. There are many classes to attend and books to read about today's 'problems' but it take a special kind of program to allow you to experience them. Hence, my last word is "do."

Find Tim's Beyond Borders Video at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLZuRmyJ4dY&feature=player_embedded

No comments:

Post a Comment